Monday 14 July 2014

Intermezzo! ... Zulus ...Crusader ... and then Renaissance again...

First I have to apologise (?) for not posting the fantasy GW game ... as it never happened, because I was still down with some sort of chest infection I had acquired in the after math of my wedding (why not, why not, one lives just once they say) and too weakened to carry lead.

So last Thursday I was kindly invited to an 15mm Zulu War game in Black Powder (according to the rule optimisations of Bill Gillchrist), which was a thoroughly joyous first for me.

I was given command of the Naval Brigades artillery and gatling gun (and some sort of mounted rifled troops) and due to a non-jamming gatling, I managed to wipe out 6 units (60% I believe of the whole contingency of the Zulus) to the very demise of Campbell who was in turn questioning the futility of colonial warfare scenarios ... but lets not go there.  (A more precise battle rap you can find on Barts blog asienieboje )

Next Thursday I‘m hoping to attend to a Pique Crusader game organised by Paul (the Irish) and with some toys from Jack and Jim.

Also Thursday in two weeks time, I want to test Pike & Shotte (early Italian Wars scenario, Imperialists against French), with a little rule addition to make the renaissance battle a bit more "mercenary"... as  its a test game we‘ll see if it works or how the players (so far Bart and Campbell volunteered as guinea pigs) respond to.

and yes before I forget ...

Claymore 2014!!!







Scotland’s premier wargames show, Claymore 2014, will be held on Saturday 2nd August, 2014, at the Granton Campus of Edinburgh College, 350 West Granton Road, Edinburgh EH5 1QE. Doors will open to the public at 10.00am till 4:30pm. Cost: Adult £2.50, Child £1.50, Family £5.00 (2 Adult + 2 children).

Features 30 Demonstration and Participation Games, 40 Tradestands and the classic B&B.

See the SESWC website for more details of the traders, displays and facilities:

http://seswc.co.uk/2014/06/claymore-2014/




1 comment: